From:
Sara Croft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:50:15 -0400
Hello all,

I am an intern for Easter Seals Crossroads in Indianapolis and we are
celebrating our 30th anniversary in August at the convention center in
Indianapolis.  As a recent art history graduate and museum intern I have
been invited by the company to help create a museum exhibit for the
conference that will portray how assistive technology has progressed within
the past thirty years.

I have about thirty items or so to work with but I do not need to use all of
them. The exhibit space is 40' x 40'.  The general goal is to create
somewhat of a timeline, where people would be able to walk around and
actually use the equipment that is on display.  Culminating at the end of
the timeline would be the state-of-the-art technology that is currently in
use.

Much of my preliminary research has been done through various google terms.
What I am asking the listserv is for knowledge of anyone who has worked with
assistive technology exhibits, or technology in general, and possible ways
that you have curated your exhibit.  I am not looking to steal anyone's
creativity, but I am curious to see what others have worked on since this is
an area that does not get much attention in museums.

Sincerely,
Sara Croft
Intern at Easter Seals Crossroads
Indianapolis, IN