From:
"andrew.sarah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:55:41 +1200
Hiya all

I am a new to this museum management stuff however I am not new to the
use of vision statements.

Rather than use a vision statement by someone else your vision statement
should be an emody your own museusms culture ethics and values.

This idea of the vision being a marketing tool is secondary the primary
purpose is to sum up the internal feelings of all the staff members in
their attitude towards the museum

The external view people should have of the vision is as has been said
an holistic overview.

In short the vision is arrived at the end rather than the start of the
planning of your strategic intentions

I apologise if this appears to be a way teach people to suck eggs,
however the tone of posts to this question appear to be along the lines
of where can I get a vision statement.

In a nutshell you get from your people.

Enjoy the rest of the week

Kind Regards