Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:45:13 EST
Mr. Baker:
I will be glad to help you connect with museums of similar size and type to
yours.  That is what MPMA - the regional museum association - does for
museums within its 10-state region.  I will send you our latest newsletter
which has membership information included.  That should give you an idea of
who we are and what we can do for you.

I have also put your email address on our broadcast address book so that you
will get alerts, reminders and opportunities to showcase the people or items
in your museum in the MPMA newsletter.  We are presently organizing a tribal
museum affinity group which should also be of interest to you.

A great way to begin networking is by attending our annual conference where
museum professionals and volunteers gather to see what's new in the field and
to make friends.  This year the conference will be held in Topeka on October
2-5.  Members will receive conference information in late June.

Let me know how else I can help you!!!

(Ms.) Monta Lee Dakin
Executive Director
Mountain-Plains Museums Association
7110 West David Drive, Littleton, CO  80128-5404
303-979-9358 / 303-979-3553 (fax)

MPMA's 2002 Conference - In Search for Excellence - will be held in Topeka,
October 2-5, 2002. Come to Kansas and strike gold much as the early explorer
Coronado was hoping to do when he came to America's heartland.