From:
Marybeth S Tomka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2016 18:29:42 +0000
Afternoon all,

TARL is an archaeological repository with 70 odd years of taking donations of archaeological materials, and accepting cultural resource management projects.  Our scope of collections is fairly broad and at the first look appears to really give criteria for acceptance based on those characteristics common to CRM projects and not donations.  With this as background, do any of you have or are willing to share in-house criteria documents for accepting donations that may be lacking in provenience (site specific locational information), requiring repacking and needing full inventory work to accession? We already have fairly well detailed criteria for records and collections from CRM projects.   I need to provide a solid grounding for why we accept or reject donated collections.

Appreciate any help I can get either on-list or off.

Cheers,

Marybeth

Marybeth S. F. Tomka, M.A., PS Cert CM
Head of Collections