From:
Samantha Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:00:17 -0400
The scratched faces sound like something out of a horror film - "The Woman
in Black" comes to mind. I have seen one photograph where the father's face
was scratched out, though I'm not sure if it's legit, since it was posted
on a Flickr stream. I have also read that it was common practice to do this
with the parents if they were in photos with children. Not sure how true
that is. I'm not an expert but I love looking at Victorian photos, so I'm
very interested to see what others think!