From:
Marlina Reese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:29:11 -0500

Hi!
I don't know if your patron is actually able to go to the Smithsonian Nat'l Museum of Amer. History but in the numismatics department, Dick (Richard) Doty is the definitive expert. I do not have Mr. Doty's direct line to his office but one can call the museum and ask for him. If not then the next person to know something would be Karen Lee and she is a curator in the same department. Also, there are a few volunteers with loads of knowledge on the subject of coins.

Also this very nice lady sent me her email address ([log in to unmask] and I believe she is a lister also) She is also very knowledgeable in the field of numismatics. She writes for Coin World and she's a conservationist/preservationist so she may also have some connections.
Hope this helps.