From:
JCA Boeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:18:16 +0200
Janice
Oops am guilty of ignoring your requests despite my own protestations
about broader input.
You could write to Liz Voight
Director
McGregor Museum
PO Box 316
Kimberley
8300

She has been working for many years now on behalf of the SA
museums association to develop a suitable accrediation system and to
get museums to participate. She has just intoduced a new, more flexible
system, I think that under the last system a single museum ever got
accredited fully! I don't think that I would get too many people jumping
down my neck if I say that SA museums are way behind in terms of
developing performance measure for museum programmes and museum
professionals. I certainly remember it as a major issue in UK museums
when I was working there in 1995 but I hopelss at remembering
references. Although I think that most of what was been written was
how important it is to establish performance measurement criteria.

I am sure Liz will be able to send you copies of the accrediation
books-there is one for each area of museum work. Kimberley is not
connected I am afraid-no cable going there or something even though it is
now the capital of the Northern Cape!

Kathryn