From:
"m. sam cronk" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 19:45:15 -0400
Thank you, Deb Fuller -- I support and agree with your response.   It is
not the role of a federal museum to validate bigotry.  And it is our role
to hold all our institutions, our profession and ourselves accountable.  At
this moment in time when civil rights have been so grievously challenged,
with #BlackLivesMatter gaining global support, when Indigenous nations
rightfully demand that Canadians reexamine our fundamental stories and
myths of national identity, during Pride month and every month, museums
really DO need to have a backbone, ethics, courage.  We need to believe in
our staff, our own exhibits and programs, and the capacity of our visitors
to learn and grow.

Surprise -- some seniors are also LGBTQ2S and/or queer.  Fancy that.