From:
Karen Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 08:45:40 CST
Robin Parkinson wrote:

> At the end of the year we hope to send two Maori exhibition designers to
> visit some North American museums and cultural attractions.  Along with the
> standard stops, the Smithsonian, Disneyland, etc., they want to see as many
> interesting and innovative displays of indigenous American culture as
> possible.  Do you have any suggestions?

IMHO, the Cahokia Mounds State Park (just east of St. Louis, Missouri) would be
an excellent place for this delegation to visit. Several of the
mounds are still intact and the exhibit, although somewhat small, is
very well done. There are probably other places in St. Louis as well
because it is a large city, but I'm not familiar with any.
Karen W. Anderson, Registrar
Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum
Canyon, Texas, USA