From:
Geoff Holden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 15:58:21 +1100
This is just a short note from the originator of the "mummies-on-display"
question to thank everyone who responded on what rapidly became a
contentious issue. I had had some disquiet at the idea from the start,
but the spirited debate on MUSEUM-L clinched it for me - we will not put
human remains on show in the proposed exhibition!
So thank you everyone - I have collated all the responses and they have
been much read and discussed around this Museum (Museum of Victoria).
Geoff "Another Decision Made For Me" Holden
Curator of Communications and Non-Human Remains.