From:
Arlyn Danielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:32:54 -0400
Hodcarry:
This is an interesting observaton.  I think the reason for this current
discrepancy in salaries with school teachers is that public education is
viewed at as a necessity, while museums are looked more on as a luxury in
these cost cutting, money crunching times.  While museums play an important
and educational role in society,  there is no law that says children have
to attend museums - but they do have to attend school as we all know.
 Therefore, more money is allocated to necessities as they are defined.

Arlyn Danielson