From:
Candice Brashears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:12:20 EDT

Pardon my ignorance on the subject as I am rather new to registration and  am
learning a great deal from the discussions here - but I have always been of
the understanding that inkjet print was not permanent and faded with age.   I
understood that laser print was longer lasting.  Has the technology  by-passed
my meager knowledge yet again?  I work with collections in a  tiny
all-volunteer start-up organization who is just beginning the process  of organizing and
cataloguing its collections.  I am very interested  in starting the process
off on the right foot and am considering print vs hand  labeling, however need
procedures that is easily understood by the  volunteers that will continue the
process.  Since not all the volunteers  are willing to use a computer at all,
I believe barcoding will not be an option  here.  I can see how barcoding,
however, is beneficial recording inventory  and of location changes.

Candice Brashears
Wallingford Historic Preservation Trust

In a message dated 8/22/2005 12:02:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,