From:
Diane B Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:49:58 -0700
Hello Folks,

I thought perhaps I would hear from a few people who wanted verification of the information they had contributed for this project. Instead over 70 people from the Pacific NW to New Zealand, Tennessee, Connecticut and Canada have asked for my beginner's attempts at putting together the information that I would want in a pinch following a disaster. I will be the first to say my efforts are simple and maybe just a start in the right direction, however perhaps the need is great enough that a group is formed that could become an exchange network for best sites and information as the times and URLs change?

My goal was getting basic information on collections recovery for those with small budgets & limited time/staff in an MLS assignment format.
Forgive me for any inadequacies, I know two of the first article links cited lead to a to a student user login, and I found a few glitches in the "Helpful Links" but you can skip directly to them and ignore the rest of the text. I know if you look for "Disaster" in most Search boxes on the sites listed you'll get there (or observe the hotlinks on the Home Pages) and you may have to join WebJunction (free) or AMA for two of the sites. Please take it for what it's worth, and I do hope it opens the door to future efforts in this direction.
                                                     http://www.geocities.com/toadkiss_2000/FinalProject/a.html

Sincerely,

Diane B. Rice (a fairly retiring personality & a novice in this realm of information)
Star, Idaho