From:
Ziva Haller Rubenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:58:08 +0200
you mentioned tufts museum studies program which i attended 98-00. it is an excellent certificate/ professional program that offers its own independent certificate track as well as a combined courseload for those studying towards MA's in education/ psychology, art history, and history. because of the different backrgounds of the students, the program manages to address a range of museums, from children's museums and science museums to historic houses and fine arts galleries. there are combined and separate courses that address the interests of each track more specifically. while i highly recommend this program, i would speak with someone at the program directly to verify how well they cover the fields of anthropology and/or archeology.
http://ase.tufts.edu/gradstudy/museum/

i would be happy to discuss the specifics of this program with any one interested off-list.
does anyone know of a list-serve specifically for museum studies students?

thanks

(Ms.) Ziva Haller Rubenstein
Rights & Reproductions Coordinator, Art
Department of Image Resources