From:
David Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 17:30:27 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

In 2011 I helped to establish a new certificate program in Art Collection
Management, Registration and Display for New York University's School of
Continuing and Professional Studies.

The goals of the program include creating jobs within the arts and culture
industry, and setting and maintaining standards of object care and handling.
Our faculty includes the Head Registrars at MoMA and The Jewish Museum; the
Manager of Packing and Art Services  at the Metropolitan Museum of Art; and
the COO of ArtStor, the Andrew Mellon initiative for the digitization of
museum collections, and myself.

Students are now ready for internships in museums, galleries, auction
houses, corporate and private collections, historic properties, and other
art businesses.  These internships can be paid or unpaid and generally run
from 8 - 10 weeks.  Areas that you might consider utilizing an NYU intern
for are:  cataloging and inventory projects; digitization and image
management; art handling; packing and preparing works for storage and
display; installation; and condition reporting and other registration
projects.

Please let me know if you are interested, either now or in the future, in
taking an intern from the NYU program for any of your current or upcoming
collections or registration projects.  I'd be happy to answer any questions
you may have about the program or the level of experience of the students.

On behalf of NYU, thank you for your consideration and I look forward to
hearing from you.

Best regards,

Geri Thomas, President

Associate Professor, NYU

President, Thomas & Associates, Inc.

Thomas & Associates, Inc.

6 East 39th Street

New York, NY 10016

P. 212.779.7059

F. 212.779.7096

www.artstaffing.com

About Thomas & Associates, Inc. / artstaffing.com

With offices in New York City and Chicago, Thomas & Associates, Inc.

is an innovative firm that offers staffing, consulting, and professional

development workshops for museums, galleries and arts and culture

businesses nationwide and internationally. The company has recently

launched its career services division to address the needs of arts and

culture professionals everywhere.

For employment opportunities and to subscribe to the quarterly

newsletter, Art Career News, visit www.artstaffing.com.