From:
JCA Boeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 08:33:35 +0200
Well I  think that a film would be nice for everybodies benefit but if we
really believe that the actual objects and structures have any meaning or
any potential to tell a story then everybody should have access to them.
You should be speaking to people with physical disabilites about what
needs to be done and how much needs to be done-you might find that
the problem can be solved in a totally different way from what you
invisage. If ramps are the only way what about easily moveable
temporary ones?

I'd be keen to see responses to this post on the list as I am researching
access issues in museums in SA.

Thanks
Kathryn