From:
Ann Baillie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:09:44 +1100
Dear Daryl Fisher

Apologies for sending this to the whole list- but my messages to your own
email address are returned to sender as undeliverable. In December 1996, I
noted your request on museum-L for examples of inclusion policies. I hope
you had a good response!

My reason for contacting you is to obtain a copy asap of the AAM Technical
Information Services Book that was to be launched at the annual meeting in
Atlanta covering inclusion policies, practices, interviews, guidelines and
resources.

My reason for asking is that I have been employed to undertake a project in
Australia for Museums Australia (Qld) to develop a cultural protocols kit
outlining methods and approaches for museum workers working with culturally
diverse communities. While I will be conducting a similar appeal in
Australia for examples of culturally inclusive museum practices and
procedures, I am very interested to see the work of colleagues in AAM.  My
project while just commencing must report to funding bodies in June 1997 so
I am keen to collect appropriate resources very early. Thinking ahead, if
examples of good practice are appropriate to the Australian context, I
could be interested in negotiating permission to use extracts as case
studies.

Please advise the best way to obtain the earliest possible copy of AAM's
inclusion resource. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ann Baillie
Museum studies adjunct lecturer
Consultant research, evaluation, cultural policy, planning and development
ph/fax: 07 55764485
International: 61 7 55764485
email: [log in to unmask]
address:118 Ocean Parade Burleigh Heads Australia 4220