From:
Art Teacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2014 14:26:29 -0700
Due to the success of the September class a new section will be offered
October 13th.

Enroll at http://www.artmuseums.com/makerspace4museums.htm

Join museum staff in learning how to create a Maker Space and see
what Museums are doing.  Learn how to incorporate STEM and STEAM curriculum
into your programs, Discover possible funding  opportunities for your Maker
Space and programs.  Network with other museum professionals.   Past
participants include staff from the Smithsonian, and various Science, Art,
Historical and Children's Museums.

*A sampling of comments about the class.*

*After going through the lecture and materials, I gained the cofidence that
our museums can take the makerspace idea and truly mold it to fit our
facility and our beliefs.*

*Lecture 2 helped me identify more specifically where the gaps in our
programming and how maker activities can help fill them.*

*I think the most helpful thing about this week's lecture was the emphasis
on integrating safety into the overall experience.*