From:
Melissa Story <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:11:05 -0600
Hi! I work for an archaeological site that does have outreach programs.
Hope this can be of some use to you.
1.  Our site does not usually charge for our outreach programs, unless we do
a special program that involves making pottery or necklaces, or other crafts
that will be taken home.  These special programs involving crafts usually
have a materials fee.  The fee ranges from $1.00-$2.00 per student.
2. The programs that we provide usually work best with a group of 35
students or less.  This is because we have hands on activities such as using
prehistoric drills, mortars and pestles, and the chance to observe an
artifact by being able to hold it.  We will provide assembly type programs
if asked however.
3.  Our program topics involve archaeology and Native American lifeways,
particularly the Mississippian culture because Wickliffe Mounds is a
Mississippian village that dates from 1100-1350 AD.  Also as a Kentucky
site, our programs emphasize the goals of KERA (the Kentucky Education
Reform Act).
4.  Yes. We do limit the distance we will travel.  Our service range is 60
miles.  However, this covers three states.  There is no mileage charge to
the schools within the service range.
Missy Story
Museum Educator
Wickliffe Mounds Research Center