From:
Anne Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 12:31:54 -0500
Thank you, Paul. I know that, as a typical low-paid and hard-working museum professional, it always makes me feel good to see my name on a sign, even if it is "just part of my job." Think about it. If you're a clerk in a store, you ring up the sale and hand out change/receipts/whatever, and the customer just walks away. Sure, you're getting paid for handling this transaction. But you still feel bad. The customer who smiles, who takes the time to read your name tag and thank you personally, makes you feel good. Makes you want to keep on doing a good job. What value do we, as public institutions, place on good will?
Anne
ANNE T LANE
Administrative Support
Mountain Heritage Center