From:
Greg Scheib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:58:04 -0400
Perhaps this is beyond obvious, but have you spoken to the folks at the
Smithsonian, Nat. Mus. of Natural History? (where both men worked, yes?)
Phil Angle, collection manager for vert. zoo. might give you some advice.
202.357.1972

At 09:20 AM 8/15/97 -0700, Steve Chase wrote:
>hello,
>
>I work for theNational Conservation Training Center, U.S. Fish and Wildlife
>Service, in Shepherdstown, WV. We are working on a series of exhibits here,
>including one on animals described by or named after Spencer F. Baird and C.
>Hart Merriam.
>
>I am looking for mammal and bird mounts for the exhibit, including:
>
>1) Baird's Sparrow (Ammodramus bairdii)
>
>2)  Baird's Sandpiper (Calidris bairdii)
>
>3)  Merriam's Chipmunk  (Tamias asiacticus merriami)
>
>4)  Roosevelt's Elk (Cervus elaphus roosevelti)  Named by Merriam
>
>5)  Merriam's Wapiti  (Cervus elaphus merriami)
>
>6)  Baird's Snowshoe Hare  (Lepus americanus bairdii)
>

>Any assistance or suggestions on where we might find these mounts would be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>steve chase
>USFWS-National Conservation Training Center

Gregory Scheib
Columbus Center's
Hall of Exploration
701 East Pratt Street