From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:49:02 -0500
I don't think color or black and white matters. Color may take up more file
space because the file will contain more information, but really you should
preserve it the way it came to you or was created.

Generally, it seems many people keep an unaltered tiff as the master image-
one that was scanned or at a high resolution.

Susan Kline, M.A.