From:
Doug Lantry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:53:52 -0400
At the Ohio Statehouse, we're working on a "Virtual Statehouse" CD-ROM and
website. To us, the idea includes lots of QTVR and plenty of navigational
options and mobility--but the whole thing is based upon the ideas, themes,
facts, interpretations, etc. to be elicited from the Statehouse.

The driving idea is a defined body of knowledge; the virtual navigation
through the building is an angaging way to present information.
Interactivity is the key for us. The CD will include plenty of "challenge"
quizzes and will keep score for individual students.

So for us, "Virtual Tour" means first a teaching and learning resource,
and that in turn is defined as an interactive multimedia product with as
much meaningful and engaging movement, sound, and vision as we can
include--not just pictures and text (though those, of course, are in there
too).

Good question for discussion by the way.

Best,
Doug

Doug Lantry
The Ohio Historical Society
Statehouse Education and Visitors Center
Columbus, Ohio