From:
Karen Bradford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:39:12 -0700
Regarding looking for "Band-Aids":

Band-Aid is a registered trademark of the Johnson & Johnson company, but
your message indicates you are looking for "flexible bandages" or "active
strips." Like Xerox, Kleenex and Scotch Tape, these brand names or
companies now generically represent the realm in which they sell against
others of the same products.

You would be wise to get written permission from J&J or be cautious when
you title your exhibit. As we have seen by lawsuits from McDonalds, Disney,
See's Candies, Intel and others, some companies have no degree of charity
when lending even an allusion to their legally protected names.

By the way, in about 1967, I remember a big, tough football player sitting
behind me in math class with a yellow and red "Rocky & Bullwinkle" cartoon
character Band-Aid on his arm. I didn't dare laugh at him.

Best wishes.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).