From:
"Ross Weeks Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:24:59 -0500
That's a wonderful question!!!!!

The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) has such a code that could be
applied to museums but naturally it allows for a great deal of latitude in
the flackery business.   There is also a code followed by professional
fundraisers put out by their national organization, but it also allows for
considerable latitude.  There may be one from the American Marketing Assn.
In all cases, they are unenforceable and recognize, I believe, that the job
of promoting and selling a corporation, product, institution, what have you,
is defined by top management to suit the needs of its specific organization.

Perhaps the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) in
Washington has one that "fits" colleges and universities.