From:
"Ross Weeks Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:27:33 -0500
The consultants will keep the staff and volunteers on-track and
optimistic...and they're usually good at talking in confidence with the key
prospective donors to assess whether the institution is ready for a major
effort.  But the best of these firms don't RAISE the money.

Ketchum, out of Pittsburgh, has done good work for museums as has David Ross
and his associates, out of Durham NC.  Depending on your size, budget and
expectations, almost every state capitol has a fundraising consultant or
firm, and it might pay to open a dialogue with one located near you.  Your
nearest college or university probably employs a consulting firm from time
to time, and would also provide a good lead.