From:
"Rayca, Brian CIV USA IMCOM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:17:36 -0500
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Charlotte,

Post regularly.  A dormant Facebook page gets no traffic.
Post lots of pictures.  People are particularly interested in "behind the scenes" activities.  Conservation work, exhibit prep.  It maybe hum drum to museum people but there is a glamour to it that outsiders find interesting.
Respond to comments.  Being engaged attracts people.
Thank fans at milestones.  Reach a round number make a big deal and thank everyone for getting you there.
Post events to let people know they are coming and post pictures afterward.  Put the Facebook logo on all of your literature and as visitors enter and leave the building.  Smartphone users might like you as they enter or leave.

Those are all of the ones I can think of at the moment.  This is also a topic on LinkedIn.  Check out the discussion there as well.

Brian

Brian Rayca
Museum Technician
West Point Museum