From:
Matthew Whitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2022 15:16:22 -0500
Hello,

On behalf of the team, I would like to warmly invite you to join us this
evening (7 PM ET / 4 PM PT) for our weekly free and interactive tour. This
week it’s: #072 Considering Art: Considering ‘Beauty’ | Public Broadcasting.

What is beauty?

With so many tropes, characterizations, fallacies, and assumptions of what
constitutes "beauty" in art and indeed in the world, one could be left to
wonder if the word is even usefully definable.

In 1936, the National Alliance of Art and Industry and the Harmon
Foundation commissioned an instructional film titled We Are All Artists to
attempt yet another answer to this question.

Together, in viewing this film and giving regard to its impact on a viewing
public in contemporary times, we consider - and problematize - for
ourselves the aesthetic questions that continue to challenge and inform our
faculties of perception.

In this tour, we embark on some critical viewing.

Together we ask: What do you see?

Register below for your FREE e-TICKET(s)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/251565658657

All the very best,

Matt

www.considering.art

***

Up next:

FEB 09 | #073 Considering Art: Considering Touch | Eric Adjei Tawiah
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/255660506457

FEB 16 | #074 Considering Art: Considering Behaviour | Soji Adesina
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/259592697747

FEB 23 | #075 Considering Art: Considering Exactitudes | Kwesi Botchway
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/260663249797

***

About your facilitator:

Matthew (he/they) <https://mawhitman.com> is an artist and professor
working with 16mm film, Super8 film and digital video. His work has
appeared at Microscope Gallery, New York; The Kitchen, New York; CROSSROADS
/ SF Cinematheque, San Francisco; ANALOGICA 10, Bolzano, IT The Front, New
Orleans; Light Field / The Lab, San Francisco; Unexposed Microcinema,
Durham, NC; Anthology Film Archives, New York; La MaMa, New York; Ethan
Cohen Gallery, New York; the Brooklyn Film Festival, New York; 8 fest,
Toronto, ON; among others. He has taught at Parsons School of Design since
2014.

***

Let's take another look.

Learning & Teaching Resources

Incomplete BLM Reading List
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1vJTfZMZvrh3sEpF6unAdi8ZUDYAkgzUt>
| Curated Bookshelf <https://bookshop.org/shop/considering-art>

Get Social - we love hearing from you - you make this

Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/considering.art/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Considering.Art> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/considering-art/?viewAsMember=true>

See you soon.
https://considering.art

--

Considering.Art™
Your voice. Your idea.

The contents of this email
message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and
may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in
error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete
this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.