From:
Cherie Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:20:13 -0600
Evaluation is no longer a best practice reserved only for well-funded institutions. History organizations of all sizes, even those operating on a shoestring budget, can and should evaluate their programs. How else will you know if you are meeting visitors’ expectations and fulfilling your organization’s mission?

Join us on February 8th at 3 pm Eastern for the webinar, Take the Guesswork out of Evaluation: How to Measure What Really Matters. The event is sponsored by the American Association for State and Local History as part of its StEPs program. Organizations enrolled in StEPs and anyone else interested in the topic is invited to participate.

In addition to access to the live event, registered participants also receive a link to the webinar recording. Registration details are available here.

We’ll begin with a brief overview of what evaluation is and why it’s important for history museums, historic houses and sites. Next we will look at the three types of evaluation and methods for using each followed by a discussion of a tried and true system for solving the big mystery of which questions to ask when you are collecting data and feedback from visitors.  Finally, we’ll take a few minutes to look at the standards and performance indicators in the StEPs program that apply to evaluation and discuss what you can do to meet them.

Our guest speaker is Conny Graft of Conny Graft Research and Evaluation. Conny has worked extensively with history museums and other nonprofits to help them evaluate the effectiveness of their programs and services. She is active in AASLH and the History Relevance Campaign and has served on the faculty of the Seminar for Historical Administration. Conny served as co-author, with Stacy Klingler, of "In Lieu of Mind Reading: Visitor Studies and Evaluation,” part of the Small Museum Toolkit published by AASLH and Rowman and Littlefield.

Registration details are here.

Questions? Contact me at [log in to unmask] or 573.893.5164.

Cherie

Cherie Cook

Senior Program Manager

American Association for State and Local History

573-893-5164

Please note our new address:

2021 21st Ave S., Suite 320

Nashville, TN 37212