From:
Daniela Barbone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 10:53:22 +0100

Dear all,

thanks for who has filled the questionnaire! Very interesting data are
coming out and first of all thanks for who has expressed its own idea about
emerging social media challenge!

For who didn't have time or has had problems in downloading pages, there is
another opportunity "to have a say"!

Do not be afraid of participating to this research. The result of this
survey are going to be used only for research purpose. Also consider that
1)museum details such as name and budget (which are not compulsory) are not
going to be disclosed at any time and 2) will be deleted after data
analysis.

Some comments from the questionnaire:

"Very timely study - please do share your results and it will help all
museums - small to medium to large size. It is harder for smaller museums to
stay on top of trends, little money for training"

"For me the question is, how can social media be integrated into the core of
our work- not treated as an external marketing tool or something museums
have to do to feel relevant. We should be innovating with social media, not
becoming slaves to it."

"I would be interested in the results of this survey in you would share
them."

"I'd love to see the results of this survey. Please feel free to keep in
touch"

RESEARCH IS A DRIVER FOR CHANGE!

Daniela

Dear participants,

I am involved in a research project in the School of Museum Studies at the
University of Leicester (UK) and I would be grateful if you could help by
filling a questionnaire. It will take around 7 minutes or less and should be
completed by who in the museum is or should be involved in social media

activities: curator, IT team, education team, etc.

The title of the research project is "Is it time to include dedicated Social
Media staff amongst museum professionals?". The research seeks to develop a
better understanding of the use of social media in museums with respect to
the skills required, the organization, the policy. Through this
questionnaire I will be able to find out about current approaches to social
media. The outcomes of this survey will be presented in my dissertation for
the MA in Museum Studies at the University of Leicester and possibly
published on a relevant journal.

To complete the questionnaire, please go through one of the links below and
a first page with more information will be displayed:

 <http://en.q-set.eu/q-set.php?sCode=DPGMNDPVJYTQ>
http://en.q-set.eu/q-set.php?sCode=DPGMNDPVJYTQ

Thank you in advance for your participation

Kind regards

Daniela Barbone

Daniela Barbone

MA student