From:
"Mark D. Hanson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:42:27 -0500
Good Afternoon:

We do not have collections plan yet, but we do have a scope of collections,
which does outline what we do and do not collect. It is as follows:

SCOPE OF COLLECTIONS

The Museum is dedicated to the collection, preservation, exhibition, and
interpretation of historically, culturally, and aesthetically significant
artifacts of all types that relate to and accentuate the life and
accomplishments of Octave Chanute, Illinois aviation pioneers, Chanute Air
Force Base Technical Training Command, Illinois aviation industries, and the
community of Rantoul Illinois with an emphasis on the period of 1850 to the
present time.

The museum is also dedicated to the collection of relevant educational,
hands-on collections and the expansion of its aviation research library
collection.

Hopefully this helps. . .

Mark D. Hanson, Curator
Octave Chanute Aerospace Musuem