From:
Chris Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:42:13 -0400
Katherine:

Methinks that you may be slightly mistaken in your attributions as far as
Indiana Jones and Star Wars go.  While both series starred Harrison Ford,
we don't have Steven Spielberg to thank.  George Lucas actually discovered
Ford and employed him first in "American Graffiti", I believe.  Lucas then
brought him to the Star Wars series, which Spielberg had nothing to do
with.  Lucas and Spielberg finally got together and collaborated on the
Indiana Jones movies, once again using Ford.  I believe (though I may be
mistaken) that Spielberg took over the direction duties for the Young
Indiana Jones series of TV shows and movies while Lucas produced several
made for TV Star Wars FX specials and two Star Wars-based TV movies in the
"Ewok Adventure" series.  Lucas is the one who's been talking about going
back and making a Star Wars "prequel" trilogy.

Chris J.-Andersen ([log in to unmask])