From:
Dean Krimmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:38:14 -0400
I'd like to pick up on Linda's reference to color coding different levels of difficulty. (Sounds like a great project, Linda.)  It immediately brought to mind the fun my kids and their friends have being challenged by computer games, and the satisfaction they derive from advancing to new levels. Not my cup of tea, by a long shot, but I have come to appreciate the inherent power, and addictive nature, of competition. And, in the end, the results gotta matter to participants.

I wonder, Anna, how you might harness kids' competitive juices to get them thinking about how they deal with the challenges in their lives.

Dean

Dean Krimmel, Creative Museum Services/Qm2
Helping Museums & Cultural Organizations Succeed
423 Range Road   Baltimore, Maryland 21204
410-746-8350; [log in to unmask]; www.qm2.org
Check out my recent project: Go to www.pnclegacyproject.com and click on Oral Histories