From:
"Kara J. Hurst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:21:32 -0500
Heather,

From all the helpful responses I've received from listers, it seems most
museums construct their own carts, or buy "material handling" carts.
These A-frame carts (which are meant to hold drywall, plywood, etc.)
look good, but I'm concerned about a center support.  As drywall, etc.,
comes in such large pieces, a center support is not needed, but for
paintings, it would be important as not all paintings are as big as a
sheet of drywall.  In one response I received, the person had seen
A-frame carts at the AAM expo with paneling similar to art storage
panels so the painting could "hang" on the cart.  She is still looking
for the catalog/company name for me.  Did anyone else see this at AAM?
Unfortunately, I missed that vendor.

Also, I've received suggestions on flat carts as well as A-frame carts.
Why is one better than the other?

Thanks.

Kara J. Hurst
Registration Intern
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History