From:
"Janzen, Mark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:59:08 -0500
Hi Amanda,

For my two cents, when I am looking at a resume, I am most interested in that person's path. I want to know what they have been doing to get to where they are and where they want to go from there. I am far less interested in a list of degrees and internships, than I am in a presentation of how that person went from point A to B to C. Good chronological information, with appropriate annotation, is far more illuminating than a categorized breakdown of a whole career.

That is not to say the categorized information should not be there. It can be very helpful and informative, but I prefer to be hit with the "path" information first.

Oh, and remove any reference to your high school days, no matter how relevant it might seem. You might be surprised...

Good luck!

Mark Janzen
Registrar/Collection Manager
Ulrich Museum of Art
Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection
316-978-5850