Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:07:14 +12
Message:
For those interested in the issues raised in Greg McManus's posting
re the treatment of taonga in the Te Maori exhibition I recommend the
book First Light by Carol O'Biso. Written by an American registrar
who came to New Zealand to assist with the exhibition, her
experiences clearly demonstrate how 'alien' some behaviour and
cultures can appear to the uninitiated. A great read! (Sorry I cannot
recall the publisher...)
- Tracy Sibson, National Archives of New Zealand