From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 11:34:45 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-22 15:21:54 EST, [log in to unmask] (David
Haberstich) writes:

>Humor is a subjective thing, but I believe Scott Williams was right
>about not having a free-for-all humor contest on this list. The anecdote
>about not knowing the difference between Tokyo and Japan is a good
>example of the risks: not a single person in my office thinks that's
>funny or even mildly amusing. Sorry if we're a bunch of sourpusses...
>David Haberstich

But don't you think that that example is exactly why museums have a hard time
reaching the public? If the visitor does not understand the difference
between Tokyo and Japan, then we need to develop exhibits which educate the
public on geography. General population ignorance should be our cue to jump
in an address the situation however we can.

- Adrienne