From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 14:27:30 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-26 23:59:22 EST, [log in to unmask] (Felicia
Pickering) writes:

> A family group approached me and asked me if
>I could tell them where the Smithsonian "Institute" (sic) was.

Felicia,
Your story reminds me of my own arrival to Washington, DC 8 years ago. No
friends, no job (where I could have learned this lesson easier), I remembered
that the Smithsonian Institute (sic) was in DC, so I hopped in a cab and
asked the driver to take me there. He, having no doubt grown tired of trying
to explain, dropped me off at the Arts and Industries building and took my
money. Needless to say I was underwhelmed and called home that night to
comment on how boring the Smithsonian was. It was a good few months later
before I figured out what had happened.

- Adrienne