From:
"John T. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2015 18:04:12 +0000
Beth,

In my last position at another museum I used ethafoam and roughly cut out a brace for the neck to keep it off the bottom of the box for a few of the dolls, but left before being able to complete the project. I would have also used something like polyethylene foam to cover the brace to keep the abrasiveness of the ethafoam from affecting the dolls neck, dress, etc. We do something similar here for our swords and sabers—especially if they have large guards that are delicate. Wrapping the exposed feet or legs might be another idea to keep them somewhat protected.

Hope that helps somewhat,

John

John Hart, Jr.

Museum Registrar