From:
Elizabeth Thrond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:26:51 -0600
Tara,

We recently used grant funding from the NEH to replace our old "hockey
puck" HOBOs with Onset's new UX100-011 models.  I debated between
on-line and standalone models as well, but after attending some
webinars, I decided that wireless wouldn't work for us.  I would suggest
the following resources as you try to make that determination for your
own institution:

Wireless Dataloggers (Connecting to Collections Webinar):
http://www.connectingtocollections.org/online-event-wireless-dataloggers/

Choosing the Datalogger That Is Right For You (Connecting to
Collections Webinar):
http://www.connectingtocollections.org/recording-community-webinar-choosing-the-datalogger-that-is-right-for-you/
Are Wireless Dataloggers Right For You? (Onset discussion):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHHWLVHX1tk&list=PL7E746482F92753C5

Hope this helps!

~Liz Thrond
Collections Assistant
Center for Western Studies

>>> Tara Backhouse <[log in to unmask]> 1/23/2014 2:55 PM >>>

Hello everyone,
I’m looking into replacing our dataloggers because several have gone
out of calibration tolerance in the last year.  What we have now are
Onset HOBO dataloggers for temperature/relative humidity.  I did a
little research and I find that our exact models are no longer
available, and there are a number of models available now.  but I have
no idea which ones to get.  I don’t know whether to get ones with
internal or external sensors or both, or ones that are web-based or
stand-alone.  We currently use Boxcar Pro 4.3, and  I think it might be
wise to stick with something that works with that software, but I’ve had
trouble figuring out the best one to get.  Does anyone with expertise in
this area have an opinion?  Or can anyone recommend a different favorite
type of datalogger?  I’d appreciate your help, and feel free to contact
me by the email address below.

Thank you!

Tara Backhouse
Collections Manager, Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum
Office# 863-902-1113 ext. 12246
Fax#: 863-983-7064

Visit our website at:www.ahtahthiki.com
Become a member at: [log in to unmask]