From:
Barbara Hass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:53:00 EDT
the Eastern States Penitentiary has a detailed web site on  topic
_http://www.easternstate.org/visit/ghost/_
(http://www.easternstate.org/visit/ghost/)

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

n Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:33  AM, Jennifer Hurst
<[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) >  wrote:

Does anyone have a paranormal  investigation policy that you can share? We
have been inundated with requests  for paranormal researchers to “study”
our historic properties. Before we  proceed further we would like to be as
informed as possible so if anyone has  any experience with this and any
policies or guidelines in place that you  could share would be much appreciated.
Also, how do you deal with insurance  for researchers?  What do you charge?
Do you make them sign a  waiver? How much control do you have of the
distribution of information  gathered during the investigation? What kind of
controls do you put in place?  How do you screen these groups? Is it worth it? Does
it affect site  visitation? Has income and visibility increased?
Thanks so much for the  help!
Jen
 (http://preservationvirginia.org/)  (http://preservationvirginia.org/)
(http://preservationvirginia.org/)  (http://preservationvirginia.org/)
Jennifer  Hurst
Statewide  Education Coordinator
PRESERVATION  VIRGINIA
204 West  Franklin Street
Richmond, VA  23220
Phone: 804-314-7530  | Fax:  804-775-0802
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  | Web: _preservationvirginia.org_
(http://preservationvirginia.org/)
Connecting  people and resources to ensure the continued vitality of
Virginia’s historic  places

=========================================================  Important
Subscriber Information:
The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
_http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/_ (http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/)  . You may obtain  detailed
message to [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
. The body of the message  should read "help" (without the quotes).
If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one  line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])  . The
body of the message  should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=========================================================  Important
Subscriber Information:
The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed  information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message  to [log in to unmask] . The body
of the message should read "help"  (without the quotes).
If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one  line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the message  should read "Signoff
Museum-L" (without the quotes).
Subscriber Information:
The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed  information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message  to [log in to unmask] . The body
of the message should read "help"  (without the quotes).
Museum-L" (without the  quotes).