From:
"Donovan, Cynthia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:57:26 -0400
Due to member and visitor demand I am doing some preliminary research into
dual membership programs.

Dual membership in this instance would be defined as full membership with
two (or more) museums for one fee.  (Not reciprocal admission programs that
allow only admission, not discounts etc. to the other museum.)

I'd also like to learn about programs that involve membership with one
institution, yet allow for a limited number of visits (using special
passes/tickets etc.) at another museum.

My initial thought is that a plan like this would be fiscally unwise, that
it would be difficult to administer, and that it would dilute member
allegiance.  Before I dismiss the idea, I'd like to know if other museums
have tried such a plan and if they feel it was a success.  If your museum or
other museums in your area have participated in such a program, please let
me know.

Thank you for your help!

Cynthia M. Donovan
Membership Manager
The Children's Museum, Boston
300 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210
617-426-6500 x254 - voice
617-426-1944 - fax

Planning any online shopping?  Please visit http://www.BostonKids.org to
sign up with GreaterGood!  Every time you use this free service to shop at
your favorite participating major retailers, GreaterGood donates 5% of the
value of your purchases to The Children's Museum of Boston, at no cost to
you.  Thanks!!