From:
"Tsai, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 15:51:22 PST
The California Academy of Sciences is exploring a relationship with
a toy company with a line of gear related to exploring nature.  We
have seen the prototypes and are impressed with the products and
the desire by the company to use toys to foster an enjoyment from
exploring the natural world.

The products will be rolled out this fall nationwide and will be in
stores such as the Imaginarium, Nature Company, Natural Wonders,
Target, Kaybees, Learningsmith and others.  The products include a
30 X microscope & 8X telescope item retailing for $14.95, a "Trek
Belt", a flashlight, collecting tools, and activity cards for varying
amounts .

I am interested in determining whether other natural history
museums or science centers would be interested in being involved
with the national roll-out of this product.  We would coordinate
the effort with participating museums.  We are in the process of
preparing concepts of such a relationship that would result in some
publicity and promotion for both the museums and the company.

If you are interested in participating please email back Internet
address, snail mail address and phone number.

Thanks
Frank Tsai
Voice: 415.750.7212