From:
Tim Aydelott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 17:27:06 -0600
>The California Academy of Sciences is exploring a relationship with
>a toy company with a line of gear related to exploring nature.  We
>have seen the prototypes and are impressed with the products and
>the desire by the company to use toys to foster an enjoyment from
>exploring the natural world.
>
>The products will be rolled out this fall nationwide and will be in
>stores such as the Imaginarium, Nature Company, Natural Wonders,
>Target, Kaybees, Learningsmith and others.  The products include a
>30 X microscope & 8X telescope item retailing for $14.95, a "Trek
>Belt", a flashlight, collecting tools, and activity cards for varying
>amounts .
>
>I am interested in determining whether other natural history
>museums or science centers would be interested in being involved
>with the national roll-out of this product.  We would coordinate
>the effort with participating museums.  We are in the process of
>preparing concepts of such a relationship that would result in some
>publicity and promotion for both the museums and the company.
>
>If you are interested in participating please email back Internet
>address, snail mail address and phone number.
>
>Thanks
>Frank Tsai
>Voice: 415.750.7212

Mr Tsai,

The New Mexico Museum of Natural History conducts many student research
programs and I think that we would be interested in these products if they
are of higher quality and are more reasonably priced than the products
currently on the market.  I do not handle the marketing of any products in
our store, but if you send some of the materials I will forward them to our
store manager.

Thanks
Tim Aydelott
NMMNHS