From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 06:56:51 -0700
I am not a conservator but would say that whether it is completely
inert could only be determined with physical tests, ethafoam often
starts to get crumbly over time. If it is the typical texture of
ethafoam you should have another material in there anyway so that the
objects do not get scratched. Something like a high density
polyethylene sheeting or some volara could give a soft surface and
also a vapor barrior between the ethafoam and the object.