From:
Kathleen McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:03:57 -0800
I was a park ranger at Guilford Courthouse National Military Park in Greensboro, NC and I gave walking tours during the summer. There were three stops along the tour road and each stop corresponded with a line of battle. At the first stop I would introduce the visitors to Guilford Courthouse and the Revolution in the South and at the following stops, I would describe troop movements and the progression of the battle.

  I have not hosted any scavenger hunts, but we did have a group of visitors come through with a small group of girls. The women had created a scavenger hunt corresponding to the monuments and waysides along the park tour route. They were given clues that led them to a specific monument where they had to find their next clue that would give them an answer to some aspect of the park at the completion of the hunt.

  Kathleen McLean
  Graduate Student