From:
John Veverka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2018 10:30:53 -0500

The Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Some new interpretation courses for heritage interpreters, supervisors
curators, and managers.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

The Heritage Interpretation Training Center now offers 43 new and advanced college-level courses in heritage interpretation.  For all of our courses, you can start the course at any time and complete the course at your own pace.  In most cases, the HITC is the only heritage interpretation training site offering most of these courses.  All courses are based on 40 years of  “ real work/planning experiences in actually doing what we teach”.  Our courses also award CEU unit credits.

What the course tuition includes: interpretive e-textbooks – our interpretive master planning two-volume textbook set and specialty textbooks.  Also handout and reference materials, YouTube video for each unit, and as an e-LIVE course, you can talk with the course instructor/coach anytime, by e-mail chat, phone or SKYPE.  The professor is in! You don't have to go through the course alone.

We can also offer any of our 43 courses for groups, planning teams, docent classes and others where you want more than one to take a course.  Tuition discounts for multiple enrollees are available.  All of our courses can also be offered live at your site, museum or facility.  Ask for costs and details.

Here are some of our newest courses.  Visit that course’s website for course content details and to register/pay for that course.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

John Veverka
HITC Director
We Interp-IT.

Visitor motivations for selecting/attending (or not attending) interpretive programs and services.
A visitor-centered course on how to increase your visitor program participation numbers (attendance) in/at interpretive programs/services and experiences,
based on research from visitor interpretive content/topic preferences and expectations.
Course Tuition: $300.00 (3.5 CEU's).
http://www.heritageinterp.com/visitor_motives_for_attending_interpretive_program.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
The art, techniques, and strategies for teaching interpretive communications to others.  Includes our new "The Interpretive Trainers Handbook".  How to plan, design and deliver (with pre-post test exams and interactive practicum experince activities), wildly successful interpretive training courses, seminars or workshops.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

Developing Interpretive Training Manuals and Interpreter Programming Reference Manuals. Eight Units - 2 CEU units - Tuition: $125.00  Lots of samples will be provided.  http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_training_workbooks__manuals.html

Exhibit rehab - breathing new life into old, outdated, and just plain boring exhibits and exhibit galleries. Course tuition: $200.00 - 2 CEU unit credits.
Web site: http://www.heritageinterp.com/exhibit_rehab_course.html

Developing Interpretive Plans for Railroad Museums, Depots and Other Railroad Interpretive Experiences.  10 Units, 3 CEU credits. $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/planning_for_railroad_museums_and_sites.html

A supervisors guide to Critiquing and Coaching Your Interpretive Staff, Eleven Units,
1.6 CEU Credits. $175.00.   A companion for our training for trainers course – this is what you need to follow through with the training to see how your team is doing in program presentations.
 http://www.heritageinterp.com/critiquing_and_coaching_interpretive_staff.html

A Curators guide for helping their docents/volunteers create truly interpretive gallery
tours for Art and Traditional Museums. Techniques for revealing the hidden stories and meanings in art and artifacts for presenting dynamic and inspirational interpretive tour experiences for your visitors.  12 Units, 2 CEU Credits, Course Tuition: $200.00

 www.heritageinterp.com/a_curators_guide_for_developing_gallery_tours.html

Provoke, Relate, Reveal the “rest of the stories”.