From:
Glyn Balkwill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 07:33:26 +0200
Dear museum colleagues

A colleague of mine at the Local History Museum in Durban has asked me about
commercially available software for collections management. I know about a
number of products but have no idea of relative costs.

I have heard of:        Argus
                        Multi-mimsy
                        Collection

I have also heard mention of `Collections Large' and `Collections Small'.
Are these versions of Collection or something quite different.

Are there other commercially available programs anwhat is the ballpark cost
per user?

Please reply to me directly as I know this has often been discussed on the
list but I have seen little mention of pricing.

Thanks very much

Glyn Balkwill

* Glyn Balkwill                                Tel (w)  : 27 (0)12 341-1320   *
* Deputy Director, Collections Management      Tel (h)  : 27 (0)12 664-1973   *
* National Cultural History Museum             Cell     : 27 (0)82 770-7826   *
* PO Box 28088                                 Fax      : 27 (0)12 341-6146   *
* SUNNYSIDE                                    Email    : [log in to unmask]     *
* 0132  RSA
*
* Any opinions expressed are strictly my own                                  *