From:
Wendy Earle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:50:18 -0500
Hello Janis,
I just wanted to chime in with our experience with our Collections
Committee. Generally it's hard to get attendance for meetings with outside
contributors, but we found success in setting the meetings several months
in advance so everyone can mark their calendars and plan accordingly.
We also only require one-two board members in attendance (usually Board
President and another member who is interested). Our committee votes via a
simple majority, and then makes a recommendation to the Board. The Board
needs a quorum to make a decision, but the committee can just make the
recommendation without requiring a set number of members in attendance.

We also try to bring them fun projects every once in a while to keep
interest!