From:
ARCS ARCS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2016 19:00:16 -0700
 When ARCS was still a gleam in our eyes, we knew an internet presence was
an important part of growing our membership beyond the 12 of us. Thanks to
our outreach we’ve grown 100 fold, to well over 1200 members worldwide.

 We created a site map full of wishful thinking, wrote an RFP, and looked
at the websites of other not-for-profit groups affiliated with the arts,
sciences and history.  We sent our RFP and sitemap over the transom to 4
companies whose sites we rather liked and then carefully reviewed their
create a brand for us – a logo, a color scheme, a typeface.

 Webitects (http://www.webitects.com/), a great group of people with
offices in Chicago, built our website.  During our fledging years they’ve
been responsive to our requests for additions and changes and made helpful
suggestions when we didn’t quite get the programming possibilities.  We
just learned that those who have been supporting us at Webitects are
joining a new company and they’re taking us with them – we thank Todd and
Christine and the rest of their team for the past, and look forward to
continue working with them under the new name of Spinutech (
https://www.spinutech.com/).

Between our first web presence and now, we have added buttons on the site
leading to our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/arcs4all/), to our
Linkedin page (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4554515), to Twitter (
https://twitter.com/arcs4all), to Storify (https://storify.com/Arcs4All/),
to Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/arcs4all/), to Flickr (
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arcs4all/). We can now register people for
conferences and workshops. We can take RSVPs for our Socials.  We’ve added
great videos in several categories, and we have a service for finding
contract assistance, “OnContract”. And if you haven’t checked out the Forum
– it’s becoming a great resource!  We even have a section devoted to
exchanges by and for Academic Registrars.

But it isn’t all website!  We knew we needed a social media manager,
someone who could really pull together the bells and whistles of outreach.
We were lucky to have hired Robin Bauer Kilgo.  Robin keeps things moving
forward - aggregating from news sources, adding content, creating reports,
and she has talents we haven’t even tapped yet!

And now, ARCS member Lisa Tillotson has been assembling content, editing,
scheduling, and otherwise preparing our bi-weekly ARCS Update which she
sends on to Robin who does her magic before sending it out to our members
and beyond.

Try out some of the links here and let us know what else you might like to
see by sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask]